A scheme of booking e-ticket online and making payment after 14 days through ‘ePaylater’ powered by M/s Arthashastra Fintech Pvt. Ltd., as a pilot project, has been introduced by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC).
Under this scheme, a customer has the option to pay after 14 days of booking an e-ticket through IRCTC website.
- The service charge levied on using ‘ePaylater’ scheme is 3.50% of transaction amount and applicable taxes.
- ePaylater as a payment option is displayed at the payment page of IRCTC website to make people aware about the availability of this payment method.
- If you pay within 14 days, your payment will be free of interest charge.
Login into your IRCTC account using your User ID and password. If you do not have an existing account, you can “sign up” for it.
2. Enter details
Once you log into IRCTC website, it will take you to the “Plan My Journey” page. Enter your “from” and “to” stations with the journey date and click on “submit.”
3. Book the ticket
Select the train as per your preference and click on “book now” on the date of your choice.
In the next page, enter the details of all the passengers and the captcha code below. Then click on “Next.” It will take you to payment page of IRCTC.
4. Payments Page
On the payments page of IRCTC, you should be able to see the various online payment options like BHIM and Netbanking. Choose “Pay on Delivery/Paylater” option, the second last one before “payment gateway/credit/debit cards.”
5. Register with e-Paylater
You need to be registered with e-Paylater to avail the facility. You can get yourself registered at www.epaylater.in.
The facility is powered by M/s Arthashastra Fintech Pvt. Ltd and allows you to make payments at a later date. The payment is interest free for 14 days from purchase. You can use it on other portals like PVR, VaerOrganic, Power2SME, Bizongo, etc besides IRCTC.
You will receive an email and SMS over your registered email address and mobile number with details about the amount to be paid and due date. It will also contain a link to make payment.
You can pay using netbanking, debit/credit card and mobile wallets.
Points to note
- Ensure that you are using the same registrated email ID and mobile number that you use with IRCTC.
- The spending amount should be within your credit limit.
- You will not be able to use ePaylater option if you have not paid for a previous transaction within due date using ePaylater.
- Paying on time will improve your credit limit. This means you will be able to purchase more in the future using later payment option.
What if you fail to make the payment?
If you fail to make payments within 14 days, you will be charged an interest on pro-rata basis on the per annum rate. It could also lead to cancellation of your ticket or user account as per IRCTC website.
Source by goodreturns…Share: