In a move that is likely to bring cheer and relief to railway passengers in the country, the Indian Railways has announced that people can now transfer their confirmed reservation tickets to another person if they are unable to travel.
“Chief Reservation Supervisor of important stations are authorised by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger having a seat or berth reserved in his name,” the Railways said in a statement.
It also released a list of circumstances under which transferring a train ticket to someone else’s name will be allowed.
– If the passenger is a government servant, they will have to make a request in writing 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
– A passenger with a confirmed ticket to their name can make a request 24 hours before the scheduled departure stating that the reservation may be transferred to another member of their family, which includes father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband and wife.
– If the passengers are students of a recognised educational institution, the Head of the institution will have to request in writing 48 hours before the scheduled departure. The reservation made in the name of any student can then be transferred to any other student of the same institute.
– For weddings, tickets are often booked in bulk for guests. In such a situation, any person deemed to be head of the group is required to make a request in writing 48 hours before the scheduled departure that the reservation made in the name of any member of the marriage party be transferred to any other person.
– This can also apply to a group of cadets of National Cadet Corps. Any officer who is the head of the group, will have to request in writing at least 24 hours before the departure that the reservation made in the name of any cadet be transferred to any other cadet.
The Railways mentions that a request for transferring a confirmed rail ticket to someone else’s name will only be granted once.
In cases of groups, such as students, wedding groups and NCC groups, such request for change in excess of 10% of the total strength of group shall not be granted.
Source by thenewsminute….Share: