WhatsApp is one of the most preferred modes of messaging and is widely used worldwide. While the WhatsApp has eased the messaging process, it also allows a user to choose whom to talk, and block! It does so by providing block and unblock feature. If you block someone, you won’t be able to receive messages from the person. However, he will be able to send messages on your number which will not be delivered. Many people don’t know how to find out whether they have been blocked on the WhatsApp or not.
Here we list the indicators which will help you find out if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp or not:
* You won’t be able to see the contact’s last seen or whether the person is online in the chat window.
* You do not see updates to a contact’s profile photo.
* Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a double check mark (message delivered).
* Any calls you attempt to place will not go through.
If all this holds true for you, then your contact has blocked you.
Now, if you want to block someone on WhatsApp, here’s a step-by-step guide for the same:
Before blocking someone, you should know that you will no longer be able to receive messages, calls and status updates from certain contacts by blocking them.
To block a contact on WhatsApp:
* In WhatsApp, tap Menu > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked contacts.
* Tap on the ‘Contact’ symbol on the upper right hand corner
* Search for or select the contact you want to block.
Here are a couple alternative options for blocking a contact on WhatsApp:
* Open a chat with the contact, then tap Menu > More > Block > BLOCK.
* Open a chat with the contact, then tap the name of the contact > Block > BLOCK.
To block an unknown phone number on WhatsApp:
* In WhatsApp, open the chat with the unknown phone number.
* Tap BLOCK.
* Tap BLOCK again.
If the message from the unknown phone number is spam, you have the option to tap REPORT AND BLOCK instead, which will report and block the number……..Read More>>