Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing: The last date for filing Income Tax Return (ITR) for the financial year 2020-2021 is approaching. In such a situation, before filling the ITR, solve all the speculations that you are facing first and file ITR ahead of time. The last date for filing income tax return is December 31. If you have forgotten your ITR Account Password. So, according to the official website of IT, you can reset your password by following some of the steps given below.
You can change the password on your ITR portal profile in 3 ways. Firstly…through OTP on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, by uploading the Digital Signature Certificate and using e-filing OTP. Let’s know the complete process in detail.
Through Aadhar OTP
First of all, you have to go to your e-filing homepage and enter your user ID in the login and click on Continue. After this, on the screen, under the secure access message, click on the Forgot Password option and enter the Forgot Password. In the option, Enter User ID textbox will appear on the page in front of you, in which you will have to enter your User ID and click on Continue.
After this, on the Select an Option to Reset Password page, select the Aadhaar OTP option. Select Generate OTP and click on Continue and on Verify Your Identity page, click on Generate Aadhaar OTP by selecting the declaration checkbox. After that enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar there and click on the Verify option. Now simply enter your new password and confirm it and click on submit.
E-filing through OTP
- For this, on the home page of the e-filing portal https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/, click on Login Forgot Password Reset. Next page will open in front of you. Now enter the User ID (your PAN number) in it. Then enter the captcha and now click on Continue.
- On doing this, select Using e-filing OTP in the drop down box on the next page and now click on Continue. You will be on the next page again. Here you have to check the Registered Email ID and Mobile Number option. By doing this the email id and mobile number will be displayed. Now click on Validate button.
- On doing this, OTP will come on your mobile number and email id. Here enter both the OTPs and then click on Validate button. As soon as both the OTPs are validated, a box will open in front of you to create a new password. Enter a strong password of your choice and click on submit. Your password will be updated.
Through Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to the E-filing homepage and click on Login.
- Enter the User ID and click on Continue.
- On the login screen, click the Forgot Password option under Secure Access Message.
- On the Select an Option to Reset Password page, select the Digital Signature Certificate and click on Continue.
- Enter new password in set new password and click on submit.