Amazon Prime Video, or simply Prime Video, is a subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming and rental service of Amazon.com, offered as a standalone service or as part of Amazon’s Prime subscription.
While most people know Prime Video as Amazon’s on-demand streaming service that’s included with Amazon Prime membership, anyone can sign up for Prime Video on its own.
Here’s how to get an Amazon movie rental
The process of getting a movie on rent is basically the same if you’re using the Amazon website on a television.
1. Open the Prime Video website in the browser and log in to your Amazon account or start the Prime Video app on the device of your choice.
2. Find the video you want to watch. You can browse Prime Video’s categories or use the search tool to find videos by title, genre, actor, or director.
3. On the video’s details page, you might have a choice of rental options. If the video is free, you’ll see Watch Now or Play movie. Otherwise, you’ll see buttons to rent or buy the video, sometimes with a choice of resolutions like standard definition (SD), high definition (HD), or 4K UHD.
4. If you’ve enabled a Prime Video PIN, you need to enter your PIN to complete the purchase.
5. As soon as you choose a video, it’s rented and available for immediate viewing. To find all your Prime Video content ready for viewing, select My Stuff, then select the Purchases tab (depending on your device, this tab might also be called Purchases and Rentals.